Healthy Glowing Skin & Your Confidence
Something we all strive for and so few achieve and fewer keep. Oh yes, there are time in which we look in the mirror and think ‘Wow! Not a blemish!’ or ‘Eeks, not now!’ The second of course always happens before a big event or special intimate dinner whereas the first may come on any given day giving us a reason to smile and give us a more confident bounce in our step.
As a teenager we’ve all faced a time dealing with acne and as adults there are those who continue to deal with this challenge and the longer or more often we face this challenge the more often our confidence is shaken. We can manage this confidence shaker by using over the counter acne or blemish creams or when more serious situations are present we can solicit the aid of our medical doctors for prescription strength solutions.
When it comes to stepping into action or making decisions with regards to moving forward toward our goals and dreams, our confidence is the fuel to our follow thru. Our self worth is the spark plug that allows our passion to be ignited by the fuel of our confidence. If one of these is not at topped up and running smoothly then our decision quality is affected and so is our ability to succeed.
What can you do? Taking good care of the skin you live in is a great place to begin. As mentioned, there are indeed effective products to fight acne or hide blemishes, but what many people forget is that there are a number of preventive measures you can take to minimize your risk of future acne and reduce the appearances of blemishes. A few of these are:
- Avoid the sun – You’ve probably noticed, when you expose your skin to the sun, it looks like your acne is diminishing. However, once you expose yourself a little less, acne best regret and generally more important than before. This is because the sun with its rays, will clog your pores and prevent the oils from escaping naturally, resulting in an increase in acne. To avoid this, always use a cap or hat when exposed to sunlight.
- Eat healthy – Although they have not been able to demonstrate the link between poor diet and acne, we need to recognize healthy eating and balanced diets certainly cannot hurt.
- Get active – As a teenager, acne is primarily developed due to an increase in the work of hormones. Having a healthy, active lifestyle which include sports, walking, running, weights etc can help in regulating the surge of hormones.
Some people are more prone to blemishes than others (there is a tendency to think that acne is probably a genetic disease). But that does not mean you cannot positively impact the health of your skin. Here are five approaches you can use to help reduce not only healthy facial skin but also your body:
- Use a mild cleanser. Harsh soaps may aggravate acne or skin blemishes by drying and irritating your skin. Prefer the soft and cleaning products designed for sensitive skin or blemished skin. Also, try to avoid those products that are extremely moisturizing to your skin, too much oil or fat can clog the pores of your skin.
- Take a bath. The water pressure when taking a shower may irritate your skin. In addition, the bath water will soften the skin by helping to get rid of dirt. This also help to unclog pores. You can try adding a little salt from the Dead Sea to reduce skin inflammation that often accompanies acne of the body. Stay in your bath at least 20 minutes for best results.
- Avoid exfoliating. Although exfoliation in general is good for the skin, it is absolutely not recommended for skin with acne. The use of exfoliating products on acne-prone skin will only serve to worsen the irritation and inflammation.
- Wear loose clothing of natural fibers. Avoid tight clothes that rub your skin that is already irritated as they will only aggravate the acne. Choose fabrics soft to the touch.
- Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water. Adopting healthy eating habits and eliminating fried foods and caffeine from your diet can positively affect your healthy glow. Drinking water allows you to eliminate toxins from your body that are responsible for acne. It also moisturizes your skin without making it greasy.
Healthy Skin Holy Grail
The Holy Grail of Glowing Skin is not just found in a bottle or tube. But is found by also adopting or including an overall healthy lifestyle to your skincare regime. With a healthy lifestyle you will also find your overall confidence is boosted resulting in a renewed positive outlook. Is there any other motivation needed to embracing a balanced work/life approach? Your ability to stay motivated towards achieving your success is definitely based on your confidence and self worth; your healthy skin and body care is just one way to boost your confidence. What are you waiting for?
Share in the SpringBoard group what other ways you incorporate healthy skin routines. We would love to hear it.
Need support with your time and stress management? Reach out, I’m here to support you and your success.